Frequently Asked Questions
- If a depositor has an account in the main office of an institution and also at a branch office, are these accounts separately insured?
- What does a deposit transfer involve?
- Does deposit insurance protect the interests of creditors other than depositors of a failed institution?
- Does the borrower’s obligations to the institution continue after the institution is closed?
Did You Know?
- Misconception: Depositors of a failed member institution have an unlimited time within which to make a claim on the Fund. - Fact: Depositors are granted a 12 month window in which to make a claim after which they can claim against the estate of the failed member. After the passage of 12 months, claims can only be made against the estate of the failed member institution payment for which would depend …