Frequently Asked Questions
- In the event of a deposit transfer, how will a depositor know when and where he can withdraw his funds?
- If a person has an interest in more than one joint account, what is the extent of his or her insurance coverage?
- If a depositor has more than $125,000 (the current insured limit) in a failed institution and is paid $125,000 by the DIC, what happens to the amount in excess of $125,000?
- If a depositor has an account in the main office of an institution and also at a branch office, are these accounts separately insured?
Did You Know?
- Misconception: Beneficiaries under all trust account arrangements are insured separately. - Fact: The interests held by beneficiaries established under an irrevocable express trust account are insured separately up to the maximum TT$125,000 prescribed limit. Additionally, interests in accounts held by the Settlor, Trustee or Administrator of an irrevocable trust account are insured separately from the interests of the beneficiaries named under …