Frequently Asked Questions
- If a depositor has an account in the main office of an institution and also at a branch office, are these accounts separately insured?
- Which institutions depositors are insured by the DIC?
- What procedure does the DIC follow after an institution has been closed?
- How quickly will the Liquidator make payments on certificates?
Did You Know?
- Misconception: The uninsured balance, being that portion of deposit/(s) over TT$125,000 for which a certificate was issued, would never be honoured by the DIC. - Fact: A liquidator’s certificate is issued to the depositor by the Corporation for the unsecured balance being that portion of the deposit over TT$125,000. If, the realizations from the disposal of assets net of the subrogated claim of the deposit insurer results in a surplus, then unsecured balances would be …