Frequently Asked Questions
- Must a claim be filed in person?
- If a depositor has more than $125,000 (the current insured limit) in a failed institution and is paid $125,000 by the DIC, what happens to the amount in excess of $125,000?
- What happens to those depositors whose accounts are subject to further examination?
- Are Mutual Funds insured?
Did You Know?
- Misconception: Depositors of a failed member institution would receive payment immediately upon closure of the failed member. - Fact: The legislation governing the operations of the Deposit Insurance system provides for payout to commence within 3 months of the closure of a member institution.