Frequently Asked Questions
- What methods of payment may the DIC use in meeting its obligations to the depositors of a failed institution?
- In the event of a deposit transfer, how will a depositor know when and where he can withdraw his funds?
- Is the insurance protection increased by placing funds in two or more types of deposit accounts in the same institution?
- Does deposit insurance protect the interests of creditors other than depositors of a failed institution?
Did You Know?
- Misconception: The uninsured balance, being that portion of deposit/(s) over TT$125,000 for which a certificate was issued, would never be honoured by the DIC. - Fact: A liquidator’s certificate is issued to the depositor by the Corporation for the unsecured balance being that portion of the deposit over TT$125,000. If, the realizations from the disposal of assets net of the subrogated claim of the deposit insurer results in a surplus, then unsecured balances would be …