- Does the borrower’s obligations to the institution continue after the institution is closed?
- Will the Corporation offset a deposit balance held by a customer against the balance due on the loan?
Frequently Asked Questions
- Does deposit insurance protect the interests of creditors other than depositors of a failed institution?
- If a depositor has an account in the main office of an institution and also at a branch office, are these accounts separately insured?
- What happens if a depositor expects to be paid an amount that is different from what the DIC pays?
- When must a depositor file a claim?
Did You Know?
- Misconception: Beneficiaries under all trust account arrangements are insured separately. - Fact: The interests held by beneficiaries established under an irrevocable express trust account are insured separately up to the maximum TT$125,000 prescribed limit. Additionally, interests in accounts held by the Settlor, Trustee or Administrator of an irrevocable trust account are insured separately from the interests of the beneficiaries named under …