Frequently Asked Questions
- Can a depositor leave his/her deposit with the transferee institution?
- What happens to cheques which are not cleared on a depositor’s account before the business of the institution is closed?
- How does a depositor establish an insurance claim?
- How does the closing of an institution affect interest accruing on a deposit?
Did You Know?
- Misconception: Placing funds in any instrument offered by a member institution would be covered by the DIC - Fact: ONLY Savings Accounts (including interest), Current Accounts (including interest) and Fixed Deposit Accounts (including interest), inclusive of any outstanding balances due (uncleared deposits) to these accounts, are considered for deposit insurance coverage.