Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the insurance coverage on a trust account held under the provisions of an irrevocable express trust?
- If a depositor has an account in the main office of an institution and also at a branch office, are these accounts separately insured?
- What happens to those depositors whose accounts are subject to further examination?
- Must a claim be filed in person?
Did You Know?
- Misconception: The Deposit Insurance Corporation (DIC) is empowered to close a member institution. - Fact: A member institution licensed under the Financial Institutions Act, 2008 can only be “closed by or with the approval of The Central Bank of Trinidad and Tobago as a result of financial difficulties.”