Frequently Asked Questions
- Will shareholders of an institution receive any part of their investment before depositors’ claims are satisfied?
- What happens if a depositor expects to be paid an amount that is different from what the DIC pays?
- Must a claim be filed in person?
- If a person has an interest in more than one joint account, what is the extent of his or her insurance coverage?
Did You Know?
- Misconception: Establishing more than one joint account in the same institution with the same names increases insurance coverage. - Fact: All joint accounts with the same names, notwithstanding alterations to the sequence of names, are added together and insured up to a maximum of TT$125,000.