How is a depositor notified that an institution in which he or she has a deposit, has been ordered to be closed?

When an institution has been closed by the Central Bank and a winding-up order is issued by the Court, each depositor will be notified in writing at the depositor’s last address on record with the institution. This notification will be mailed shortly after the institution closes. Notification will also be given in the press.

Comments are closed