Frequently Asked Questions
- If a depositor has more than $125,000 (the current insured limit) in a failed institution and is paid $125,000 by the DIC, what happens to the amount in excess of $125,000?
- Are foreign deposits insured?
- Is the depositor required to produce proof of ownership to the DIC or to the transferee institution?
- Are Mutual Funds insured?
Did You Know?
- Misconception: Mutual Funds are covered by Deposit Insurance. - Fact: Mutual funds, be they general or issued as a member’s proprietary funds, are NOT covered by deposit insurance.