Frequently Asked Questions
- When is the Liquidator appointed?
- Who should file a claim if more than one person is authorised to draw on an account?
- How does a depositor establish an insurance claim?
- If two or more persons, for example a husband and wife, have, in addition to the individually owned accounts of each, a valid joint account in the same insured institution, is each account separately insured?
Did You Know?
- Misconception: Placing funds in any instrument offered by a member institution would be covered by the DIC - Fact: ONLY Savings Accounts (including interest), Current Accounts (including interest) and Fixed Deposit Accounts (including interest), inclusive of any outstanding balances due (uncleared deposits) to these accounts, are considered for deposit insurance coverage.