Frequently Asked Questions
- How is a depositor notified that an institution in which he or she has a deposit, has been ordered to be closed?
- How does a depositor establish an insurance claim?
- Can a depositor leave his/her deposit with the transferee institution?
- In the event of a deposit transfer, how will a depositor know when and where he can withdraw his funds?
Did You Know?
- Misconception: Depositors of a failed member institution have an unlimited time within which to make a claim on the Fund. - Fact: Depositors are granted a 12 month window in which to make a claim after which they can claim against the estate of the failed member. After the passage of 12 months, claims can only be made against the estate of the failed member institution payment for which would depend …