All creditors rank equally in terms of voting rights.
Frequently Asked Questions
- If a depositor has an account in the main office of an institution and also at a branch office, are these accounts separately insured?
- When is deposit insurance payable?
- Does deposit insurance protect the interests of creditors other than depositors of a failed institution?
- Are foreign deposits insured?
Did You Know?
- Misconception: Placing funds in any instrument offered by a member institution would be covered by the DIC - Fact: ONLY Savings Accounts (including interest), Current Accounts (including interest) and Fixed Deposit Accounts (including interest), inclusive of any outstanding balances due (uncleared deposits) to these accounts, are considered for deposit insurance coverage.