Who should file a claim if more than one person is authorised to draw on an account?

A claim must be filed by a person authorised to make withdrawals from the account. For example, a claim for deposit insurance on an account where either of two parties was authorised to sign for withdrawals may be made by either party. If two signatures were required to make withdrawals, both signatures will be required on the claim for deposit insurance.

Comments are closed